Saturday, September 5, 2020

Dreams- Whirlwind

One night in May 2003, I saw a dream which frightened me a lot. In the dream, I saw me and my wife stepping into a vehicle without wheels, somewhat like the basket of a hot air balloon. All of a sudden a gust of wind propels the basket like vehicle into the air. I and my wife hold on to the sides of the vehicle. The wind increases in might and speed and turns into a whirlwind. Both of us cling on in desperation with the whirlwind swinging us round and round, up and down in all directions.

Finally everything becomes calm as the wind subsides and we utter a collective sigh of relief. Because of the intensity of the dream, I woke up in fear. I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me of turbulent times ahead. I prayed about the matter immediately and also with my wife later that morning and also in the coming days.

In the second week of June, almost a month after I had seen the dream, my father-in-law aged 72, had facial convulsions and in 2 weeks was diagnosed with malignant cancer of the brain. Inoperable, not responsive to chemotherapy or radiation. This was a really testing time in our lives, with both me and my wife busy with ministry work and me with my medical practice. In and out of hospitals we went every few days and later on as his disabilities progressed, we really had a tough time trying to control his generalized convulsions. While he was in the initial stages of the sickness that afflicted him, my father who was otherwise healthy suddenly came down with Dengue fever. His platelet count fell rapidly and he started bleeding profusely from the stomach. I was called to attend to him while I was leading a Sunday worship. I was with him for about 2 weeks in the hospital while he was saved from death by the prayers of many.

He was given 10 platelet transfusions. My father-in-law’s health meanwhile deteriorated and he was bedridden and unconscious for the last 2 months of his life.
During this period, I developed chest discomfort and breathlessness because of too much stress and strain and this problem lasted for around 3 months.

My father-in-law died on Nov.10, 2003 after 5 months of suffering, my father recovered totally and I was healed by prayers. All in all we had a whirlwind like situation as the Holy Spirit had shown.

My ministry, medical practice, the children’s schooling and household matters were all disrupted for a while, but then the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our afflictions, comforted us and we had peace that passes all understanding during those turbulent times.

The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment