Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Dreams- Rejecting the truth

 Once, a youth started regularly attending our worship services after I had explained to him the Gospel truths. He was involving himself in all the activities of the Church and seemed to have taken a decision for living for the Lord.

Then one night, the Lord showed me a dream regarding him. In the dream, we were having dinner and I was serving him food. He seemed to be enjoying it for a while and then all of a sudden he just throws away the food that I had served and gets up and walks away.

I prayed about the dream that it may not happen like I had seen. The Lord was showing here that initially the fellow would accept all the spiritual truths that I fed him with, but then he would just discard the whole thing.

Though I prayed about the matter, what the Lord had shown took place, as in the dream. Just 1 week after I had seen the dream, without any specific reason, he stopped attending the worship and wouldn’t come back, despite our prayers and pleadings. It was sad that he backslid and wouldn’t choose to live for the Lord.

For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? (Mark 8:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment