Friday, September 11, 2020

Dreams- Oil wasted

During the early part of my life as a minister of God, an evangelist once invited me to his house for a prayer meeting. I was happy because this was another opportunity to preach the Word of God. I prepared a good message after spending quite a while in the presence of the Lord.

The night before the prayer meeting, I saw a dream. In the dream, I was at the house of the evangelist and the prayer meeting was going on. I had a vessel full of oil with me as I sat there, but after a while I empty the vessel of the oil by pouring it on the ground and quietly leave the place. The dream ended there.

I did not understand the dream when I woke up, but as the events of the day unfolded I interpreted the dream, but it was too late then.

As agreed, I went to the evangelist’s house for the prayer meeting. The evangelist who had invited me gave me a seat outside the prayer hall as there were many people inside; I felt a bit discomforted for he could have made room for me as I was a minister of God, but I quietly sat there outside waiting for him to call me to preach. Many preachers were called upon to preach and I thought that perhaps he would call me in the end. I waited and waited and finally the prayer meeting ended but there was no call. I felt insulted and left the place quietly after saying bye to the person who had invited me. He did not seem to care about how I felt and I left the place quite disappointed by his dismal treatment. As I drove home, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the dream that I had seen the previous night. The oil in the vessel was not used, but poured out on the ground and was wasted. From then on, whenever I was invited for Gospel meetings, I took the counsel of the Holy Spirit as to whether I should go or refrain from going. Listening to him is always best for us. He is our Counselor and Guide.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your memory all that I said to you. (John 14:26)


No comments:

Post a Comment