Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Dreams- Praise works

In 1996, for 3 months I suffered greatly from a chest ailment. It all started with an allergy to petrol fumes which made me breathless with a feeling of tightness in the chest. This increased rapidly with allergy to other smells too and day in and day out I used to feel breathless. To add to this I had a problem of acidity in my stomach. I did not have peace of mind and had very little sleep. I could not work properly at the clinic and could hardly preach. The suffering was terrible.

I got some relief from my chest problem on having medicines but the medicines increased the problem in my stomach. This made me quit taking medicines. I prayed and fasted but to no avail. The problem persisted and increased.

After one month of suffering thus, one night as I prayed, the Lord spoke to me saying, “You will suffer from these sicknesses for 3 months. After that I will heal and deliver you totally.”

Another 2 months of suffering! I became dejected, but there seemed to be a glimmer of hope. I waited expectantly for the next two months to get over.

The sickness had started on September 16. I kept praying and reminding God often, “Lord remember your promise, you must heal me on December 16th

The next two months were difficult to get through. It was by sheer grace that I made it to December 16th.

Here was the day that I waited for so anxiously. December 16th came and went but I did not receive the healing.

On 17th I was at my wits end. Anger and grief flooded me.

I told the Lord, “Look Jesus, you said 3 months and now my condition is just the same!”

That night as I sat to pray, I heard the still small voice of the Lord say, “You have forgotten to praise me all the time that you were sick”. It was around 11.00 p. m. that I heard the Lord say that. I started praising him, one by one for everything and everyone that my mind focused on. I kept praising him till late at night and went to sleep praising Him.

In the morning when I woke up, God had worked another great miracle in my life.

Healed and Delivered from 3 months of bodily suffering and mental agony. All gone, when praise ascended to heaven. Praise the Lord!

He is an unchanging God

His love for you is great. He wants you to be healed and living a healthy life. So trust in Him and His promises. And do not forget to praise Him every day of your life.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)


No comments:

Post a Comment