Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Daily Bible Blessing-76


Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. (Psalm 68:19)

For you and me, as believers, there is no one else who can do this, i.e.daily bearing of our burdens. And so praise to him is justified.
When Moses led the Israelites through the wilderness to the promised land of Canaan, he often felt that the burdens that he was carrying was too much. He cried out to God and said, "Why have you brought this trouble on your servant? What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Did I give them birth? Why do you tell me to carry them in my arms, as a nurse carries an infant, to the land you promised on oath to their forefathers? Where can I get meat for all these people? They keep wailing to me, 'Give us meat to eat!' I cannot carry all these people by myself; the burden is too heavy for me. If this is how you are going to treat me, put me to death right now - if I have found favor in your eyes - and do not let me face my own ruin." (Numbers 11:11-15)
That may sound like how some/many of us cry out to God when we become frustrated with problems in life.

But we must remember that God is all too willing to take our burdens on him and solve our problems and that is exactly what he did for Moses. God allowed Moses to choose 70 elders among the Israelites to share his burdens and also arranged for a miraculous supply of meat for a whole month for the Israelites. 
Remember to......Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. (Psalm 55:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment