Wednesday, January 27, 2016

365 Blessings- January 27

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."
(Proverbs 30:5)

Interestingly, there are many who are fond of finding flaws in the Word of God, the Bible.
Actually the Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40
different authors. Certain mistakes and discrepancies can be found because of human
errors. But the fact remains as Agur son of Jakeh says here- Every word of God is flawless.
Do you question the validity of what you read in the Bible everyday? Of course all of us
have many doubts and there are many things that we don't understand when we read the
Word. Yet, whatever God wanted mankind to know and understand is very clear. That's
because the Bible was written by men under the guidance of the Holy Spirit of God.
Yes, every word of God is flawless because God himself is flawless. His promises are
flawless. Do you believe that?

King David, that great psalmist of Israel says,
And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified
seven times. (Psalm 12:6)

Again David affirms the same when he says,
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who
take refuge in him. (Psalm 18:30)

God is our shield. The Psalmist affirms that many times.
My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart. (Psalm 7:10)
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to
make me great. (Psalm 18:35)

Believe in the Lord. Believe in his words. Believe in his promises. That will bring you
peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment