Saturday, September 26, 2015

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES

Once when I lived in a rented house, though the owners were kind to me, the person who was looking after the house when the owners had gone abroad was always seeking an opportunity to make us leave the place because of vested interests.

I happened to know this because the Lord would show me a dream regarding this each time the fellow planned evil against us. Every time I would pray to the Lord not to allow his tricks to work.

When the Lord started showing me several dreams regarding his plans, I developed a dislike for the man and I changed my prayers. I started praying that the Lord should instead send that fellow away from that place. Some sort of hatred developed inside of me because outwardly he pretended to be kind but was scheming secretly.

Finally when the Lord had been repeatedly showed me these dreams, I asked the Lord, "I have been praying all along about this, why you don’t do something?"

The Holy Spirit spoke to me at that moment and said, "Love your enemies, do good to those who persecute you".

I understood that my attitude as a Christian towards this man was wrong. So I confessed my sin to God and decided to do something good for this man for all the wrong that he was doing. I had a brand new shaving set with me and I decided to present him that. That same day when I met him, I presented that set to him. He looked surprised and thanked me. Because of the act, I found great peace in my heart. I was happy that I had obeyed the voice of the Holy Spirit.

The Lord was pleased too and I know it for sure because in 2 days, he sent the fellow away from that place, no more to trouble us.

The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them. (Psalm 11:4)

From my book 

Dreams, Visions, The Still Small Voice & Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment