Thursday, December 13, 2012

Daily Bible Blessing-64


Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay. (Psalm 70:5)

A desperate cry for deliverance from a man in suffering and many of us can relate to him at several junctures of our lives. A quick deliverance was what he sought and he starts off his pleading by saying, "Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me." (Psalm 70:1)
Pursued relentlessly by the enemy, this was his heart cry. Many a time, this man David, pleaded for deliverance and the Lord was compassionate and saved him. In fact, God saved him from every enemy that he faced. That's what we read in the titles of one of his Psalms, namely Psalm 18- [For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord . He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul]
God is good and we can rest assured that he will hear our heart cries and deliver us speedily from the enemy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment