Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daily Bible Blessing- 57


Then Leah said, "God has presented me with a precious gift. This time my husband will treat me with honor, because I have borne him six sons." So she named him Zebulun. (Genesis 30:20)

Six sons she bore for Jacob, but still she yearned for love and honour from him. She named this son "Zebulun" meaning "dwelling" hoping and expecting that Jacob would finally dwell with her and give her the love that she desired from him. That she was not loved is made clear from what Moses writes: When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb..................... (Genesis 29:31)
Also we read of certain statements made by Leah herself: "Because the Lord heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too." So she named him Simeon. (Genesis 29:33)....later she gave vent to her frustration while confronting Rachel: "Wasn't it enough that you took away my husband?
Obviously she desired better treatment from Jacob.
Are you craving for love from anyone close to you? The Bible says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)" Thank and praise God for all that he has done for you and he will bless you even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment