Friday, November 9, 2012

Daily Bible Blessing- 30


At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.(2 Timothy 4:16,17)

The lion here was probably Emperor Nero. Even when Jesus was arrested by the Roman soldiers, his disciples left him and ran away. Sometimes even people nearest us fail to help us when we are in dire straits, but we must remember that God is always there by our side and he will strengthen us in whichever way we need support at that time. Paul, here, also prays that God may not hold anything against those who deserted him when he was in danger. Bitterness in us towards such people can only worsen the problem, so we must let go off such feelings and be free in our spirit and soul. May the Holy Spirit help us in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment