Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dr. Johnson's Devotionals April 2012

April 5

When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. (Deuteronomy 20:1)


God's deliverance for his own is so clearly portrayed in his Word. Time and again, in the most perilous situations, God has miraculously delivered them who stay true to him.
Look at the life of David. He was hunted by King Saul continually, but God did not allow Saul to harm him. Instead, he gave Saul into David's hands who showed him mercy.
Finally when God delivered David from all his enemies, including Saul, he sang to the Lord.
He said: I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18:1-3)

The Apostle Paul writing to the Thessalonica Church said,
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
Trust in Jesus for your protection and deliverance this day. He will not fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment