Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dr. Johnson's Devotionals April 2012

April 3

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. (Deuteronomy 18:15)


Moses here prophesies about the Messiah, Jesus, whom God would raise up at God's appointed time and tells them that the people of God should listen to him. Though at that time, many of the Israelites would not have understood the significance of the prophecy, in the fullness of God's time, Jesus was born of the virgin Mary and fulfilled God's purpose and plan. Because of his unflinching obedience to the Father, humbling and emptying himself, God the Father exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at his name every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that he is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus himself said, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27). Are we listening carefully, is the question that we have to ask ourselves. Not only listening, but also obeying and following him faithfully.
Jesus says, "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." (John 12:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment