Friday, January 27, 2012

Yesterday- 27/01/2012

27/01/2012

Yesterday, I met a middle aged believer with Chronic kidney disease; he was on dialysis thrice a week. If I had not been told before hand by another friend of mine about his condition, I would never have guessed. He was cheerful while conversing about family, business, spiritual truths and life in general. Perhaps one would wonder where he could muster this kind of strength while going through this painful illness. For him, the verse, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)" seemed fitting.

God's strength is truly manifest in our weaknesses. This was what God told Paul, the Apostle;
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9a)
And Paul's response to that was that he would all the more gladly boast about his weaknesses, so that Christ's power would rest on him.

It would be wise to conclude then, that it's "all grace". And so we must give him praise who says, "I am who I am".... (Exodus 3:14) and who proclaims, "I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God.........(Isaiah 45:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment