Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Dreams, Visions, The Still Small Voice & Miracles- A wake up call

“Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?” The watchman said, “The morning comes, and also the night.” (Isaiah 21:11, 12)

The winter mornings were very cold that December. Still I ventured out on to the terrace of the house where we stayed, pulled up a chair and eased myself into it wrapping myself in a warm blanket to keep the chill away. It was 5am and the stars were not yet gone and a slight fog was around. Praying didn’t seem easy that morning with the cold atmosphere and as it sometimes happens in my life, I began wondering whether this was so important so early when I could get another hour of sleep.

Half praying, half pondering over things, I was startled to hear a voice distinctly call out from the lane nearby, “Watchman, what is left of the night? Watchman, what is left of the night?” As I turned my head and looked, I could see a man riding his bicycle on the lane nearby and disappearing into the fog. But before his figure faded into the fog, he answered the question that he had himself asked, saying – “Morning is coming, but also the night”

I remembered this verse from Isaiah 21. This small incident invigorated my spiritual life for many months. Unmistakably it was God’s way of speaking and affirming the truth. Perhaps He had sent an angel to give me a wakeup call.

Firstly, He had made me a watchman for the city. To watch and pray; whether it was warm or cold or rainy; I was not to forget my duty. Secondly, as Jesus told His disciples in the Gospel of John, Ch.9, v. 4.

I must work the works of him who sent me while it is day. The night is coming, when no one can work.

Thirdly it was God’s assurance that He is with us through the thick and thin of it all, day in and day out.

Dear friend, If God has chosen you as a watchman to watch and pray over your city, do not backtrack. Remember, there are several precious souls at stake.

Son of man, I have made you a watchman to the house of Israel. Therefore hear the word from my mouth, and warn them from me.  (Ezekiel 3:17)


No comments:

Post a Comment