Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Testament- Lesson 90

Matthew Chapter 12- Part 3

Matthew reiterates Isaiah's prophesy regarding Jesus (Matthew 12:18-21)(Isaiah 42:1-4)-

Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom my soul is well pleased! I will put my Spirit upon Him, and he will declare justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets. A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory; and in His name Gentiles will trust.
Jesus was God the Father's chosen one; the Father delighted in his son. The Holy Spirit was upon him and he was to declare justice to the Gentiles. The compassion and humbleness of Jesus was prophesied by Isaiah 700-800 years before Jesus ministered.

....in His name Gentiles will trust- John, the Apostle writes, "He came to his own, and his own did not receive him. But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in his name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment