Friday, July 18, 2014

Thoughts from the Book of Genesis-4

God The Planter

And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. (Genesis 2:8)

God was in love with his creations from the beginning, so we read in the first two chapters of the Bible. Jesus spoke of Father God as the gardener.....
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. (John 15:1)
This was not something the Father started when Jesus did his Father's will on earth.

In the title verse we read of Almighty God, the Planter.
He planted a garden eastward in Eden and.....
He took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. (Genesis 2:15)

Imagine God the Father watching Adam as he worked in the garden. Moses writes....
And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground; trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. Also.....
A river watering the garden flowed from Eden..

God intended fellowship from the beginning and still does. But for sin, the fellowship would have been perfect.

Yet, his intention of fellowship remains alive with the Holy Spirit he gives to all who accept Jesus as Savior.

And these verses from John 14, sums up God's intention of everlasting fellowship with his righteous ones......
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

Praise the Lord.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev136130.app319620

No comments:

Post a Comment