Monday, October 3, 2011

Thoughts on Praise- 14

The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! (2 Samuel 22:47)

How wonderful it is to worship and serve a living God! A privilege that many don't have has been given to you as a child of God.
The Old Testament saint Job was sure about him serving a living God. He said,
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. (Job 19:25)

The Psalmist outlined the characteristics of them that are not living gods. He said,
"But their idols are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but they cannot smell; they have hands, but cannot feel, feet, but they cannot walk; nor can they utter a sound with their throats." (Psalm 115:4-7)
He also spoke about the living God whom he served and said,
"Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him." (Psalm 115:3)

King David experienced the living presence of God in his life and praised God saying,
"Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior."

The Apostle Peter writes,
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy..." (1 Peter 1:8)
It's true that we have not seen our God (well, most of us haven't);yet we believe. How wonderful a faith that is. Praise God. We are also sure that we shall see him some day. How glorious a hope that it. Praise God.
Like David we too must praise the Lord, for he is the Rock, our Savior.

Praise: O Triune God, I praise you because you live and you have given me the privilege to know you and live for you. I exalt you for you are the Rock, my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment