Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thoughts on praise- 2

She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "This time I will praise the LORD." So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children. (Genesis 29:35)

Jacob had 2 wives, Leah and Rachel. He loved Rachel more than Leah. When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, "It is because the Lord has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now." She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Because the Lord heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too." So she named him Simeon. Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons." So he was named Levi.

Leah had great expectations from Jacob that he would love her because she had borne him not one, but three sons. Sadly, that was not the case.

She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "This time I will praise the Lord." So she named him Judah........(Genesis 29:35)

Leah finally realized there was one who would love her at all times and that she should lean on him continually to have true happiness. When she gave birth to her fourth son, she took a decision to praise the Lord instead of desiring her husband's affection. She named her son Judah which means Praise.

God cares for us even though sometimes people around us may not care. We must praise him for that.

Praise: O Triune God, I praise you because you love me and care for me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment