Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises-266

For the Lord will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance. (Psalm 94:14)

Rejection is destructive both to the body and soul and those who have gone through it know how painful it is, especially when one has been rejected by one's own. The Lord Jesus Christ was rejected by all save a few when he lived and ministered here on earth. So he understands the pain that goes along with it. The Apostle Peter writes,
As you come to him, the living Stone - rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him.(1 Peter 2:4)
It's the same with you and me. Though we are often rejected by men, we must remember that we as believers are chosen by God and precious to him.
Because we do not indulge in worldly ways, sometimes we are ridiculed, but God loves us because we are obeying his Word to keep ourselves holy and undefiled.

The Lord will not reject us who have made him our refuge.
If you are going through an experience of rejection these days, here are a couple of promises for you from Jesus.
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (John 14:21)
"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. (John 14:23)

And may the Lord strengthen you with these verses. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment