Friday, May 29, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 67

He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, (2 Corinthians 1:10)

If your hope rests in Jesus he will continuely deliver you from the schemes of satan, worldly temptations and fleshly lusts and make you an overcomer. Many promises in the book of Revelation are for the "overcomer".

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7)

He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. (Revelation 2:11)

To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)

To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations - (Revelation 2:26)

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. (Revelation 3:5)

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21)

He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. (Revelation 21:7)

Hope we all become "overcomers" by the Grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment