Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yesterday- 28/01/2012

28/01/2012

Yesterday, the Lord put a new song in my mouth. It was not during worship or my quiet time; no, just while I was doing some cleaning work at home. Most of the more than 100 songs that I have written are in my mother tongue Malayalam. A language which is the local dialect of Kerala, a state in South India. Since I was born and brought up in Mumbai, I could not read or write the language though I conversed in it at home with family. When I was 28 years old, the Lord brought me to Kerala; I had no idea that he was going to call me into Christian ministry though I was well versed in the Bible. 2 years later, I started preaching in English, but since I needed a translator each time I preached, there were difficulties. So I started learning to read in Malayalam and it was through constant reading of the Malayalam Bible, that I started preaching in Malayalam too. The beginnings were really difficult, there were mistakes, but the Lord strengthened me and then he gave me songs. I did not have to write them with my knowledge; he gave me the songs with the tunes. Great are the ways of God. I still do not know how to write in Malayalam, but there's no actual need for that. If there was, he would have made me learn....

The Apostle Paul exhorts young Timothy....
I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. (2 Timothy 1:5,6)

He continues by saying,
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Yes, all of us who have received forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ, have been given, not the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, so we must use our God given talents and gifts to glorify him.

No comments:

Post a Comment