Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yesterday- 25/01/2012

25/01/2012

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from an evangelist, who is working in remote places in North Bengal, India.
He ekes out his living by being a musician and a recordist and is a missionary among several tribes near the Indo-Bhutan border. Long back, he was a member of a hard rock group, then washed clean by the precious blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, now a precious witness of the saving grace of God among tea- estate workers and tribals.

In his own words, " Sir, I am a pastor of four fellowships in North Bengal region, border to the kingdom of Bhutan. I am from a hindu background, but having a Christian name because my father is a catholic and my mother, a hindu. Born and brought up in Kerala. I left Kerala when God saved me from the sinful life of rock bands. I stayed and shared Gospel in many states..... Srinagar, Pulwama of Kashmir for around six years and now more than six years here in this border region. From our home to Bhutan is 20 minutes, Bangladesh is less than two hours. Nepal and China are also not so far. We are serving the Lord independently till today. Of course, there are difficulties....."

He ended the mail with...."Please don't misunderstand that I send this mail seeking financial help. God bless you. Happy New Year 2012."

Once God asked Isaiah a question....."Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And he responded, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8)
Praise God that even now there are Isaiah's who respond wholeheartedly when God asks them the question...."Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment