Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Protected by His blood!

For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life. (Psalm 56:13)

Six of us doctors were travelling back to our homes after the evening shift at the clinic on September 19th 2011. It was around 9 pm and we were travelling at a casual speed. It was a clear night and I was sitting in the front with the driver looking at the scenes that passed by. Reaching a round-about, I could see that the road ahead was wet and as soon as the van went over that area, the vehicle started swerving to the left and right alternately like a drunk. It was then we realized that it was oil and not water that must have spilled from tanker or other vehicle. For a moment, we felt that we were all facing a major disaster or death itself, for the van would overturn or be hit by another vehicle. But after a while the vehicle steadied and we continued the rest of the journey without further problems.

I noted several things here. There were no vehicles ahead of us or to the left or right. There were a few vehicles behind us but not very close. In fact one of the drivers later came along at our right side and showed an action to our driver asking whether he was crazy. It was not the driver's fault though.

God ensured safety even though we had to go through a moment of uncertainity. I make it a point to regularly pray morning and evening and always before travelling for God to cover me and my family and whatever vehicle I am travelling in, by the blood of Jesus.
Jesus' blood is our protection. I praise God for that.
The Apostle Paul writes,
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, (2 Corinthians 1:10)
Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment