Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thoughts from the book of Isaiah-29

And the lookout shouted, “Day after day, my lord, I stand on the watchtower; every night I stay at my post. (Isaiah 21:8) (NIV)

The job of a watchman can be tiring. Looking...watching.....observing......warning......but someone's got to do the job.

Looking at this matter in the present day context with regards to believers, many shrink back from their calling to be "watchmen for God and his kingdom".
They are so preoccupied with their own selves that they neglect the whole matter.

Unlike these, Paul the Apostle wrote of Timothy who was true to his calling.....

For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. (Philippians 2:21-22) (NIV)

Blessed are they who look out for the interests of Jesus Christ and serve him faithfully as "Watchmen".

No comments:

Post a Comment