Thursday, December 10, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises-257

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

This verse is not an echo from the past, but an invitation that still holds good today. And those who come to Jesus, heeding his call, truly find rest for their weary souls.

The gospels are replete with examples of many who found rest in this wonderful Savior. There are so many problems that we as believer's face day in and day out, but at the end of the day, we can assure ourselves that the Lord is in control because he has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.

Sleepless nights, nights where we have cried our hearts out wondering whether the Lord cares after all. Yet the doubts fly as we see redemption come at the break of a new dawn.

Jesus says, "I care for you son/daughter. I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Let us believe his words this day. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment