Sunday, January 9, 2022

Life as it is…..08/01/2022- Dr. Johnson Cherian

Over the past many years, people from various countries write to me about their dreams for interpretation (through email or WhatsApp). This is after my book on dreams and visions was published and brought out as an App. One such email came in today.

The sender wrote….. Sir, I admire your book titled dreams and all its interpretation, please can you help me with this dream. Often time I dream and find myself in a place filled with filth or everywhere littered with it, and as much as I try for it not to touch me, it rubs on me and at time's I might be the one stretching my hands and touching the filth. I don't know what this means.

This is a simple dream to interpret and it relates to most of us believers. We as believers in Jesus Christ, as we live in this world, are surrounded by filth (lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life) and as the person writes, “as much as I try for it not to touch me, it rubs on me”, meaning we all are tempted in one way or the other by these lusts and sometimes we fall to temptations and sin.

The final sentence that he writes about is how we wilfully stretch our hands to touch the filth. Though we know that something that we are going to say, see or do is unrighteous or sinful in God’s eyes, we do it anyway, just to please our flesh.

There’s always a war going on in our beings, Spirit against the flesh and it will be a war that will last till we step in to eternity (eternal life, if we are in Jesus Christ).

Regarding this, the Apostle Paul writes to the churches in Galatia…”I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such there is no law. Those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Galatians 5:16-25)

Crucifying the flesh with its passions and desires and walking in the Spirit- It’s definitely a difficult task that we have on our hands, but we are all called to do it, for only that will please our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ our Savior.

www.johnsoncherian.com

johnson3570@gmail.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment