Saturday, August 9, 2014

Thoughts from the book of Genesis-6

God, The Righteous Judge

But the Lord God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?" The man said, "The woman you put here with me - she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."(Genesis 3:9-13)


4 questions were asked by Almighty God, the Righteous Judge, to his first human creations.

3 to Adam....
"Where are you?"
"Who told you that you were naked?
"Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

1 to Eve....
"What is this you have done?"

There was no justifiable answer; Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent, but none of it could save them from being removed from their perfect environment. God pronounced curses upon the serpent, Satan, Adam, Eve and the earth. The sufferings of mankind began then and continues. Jesus Christ came to set mankind free from the curses upon them and those who believe in his atoning sacrifice on the cross are set free. Yet while they live on earth, there are sufferings. Summing this up,Paul, the Apostle writing to the Romans says,

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. (Romans 8:22, 23)

O, What a glorious day that will be when we achieve the redemption of our bodies. Hallelujah!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev136130.app319620

No comments:

Post a Comment