Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bible Blessing- 127

O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me. (Psalm 7:1, 2)

Ever seen a lion rip its prey to pieces? David, once a shepherd, knew all too well what a lion could do to it's prey and he sees himself in such a helpless situation and cries out for deliverance to the Lord. The title of the Psalm reads....of David, which he sang to the Lord concerning Cush, a Benjamite. Cush was one of the many many enemies that David had but not much details are found in the Word of God regarding this enemy of his. That he was a formidable enemy is for sure, because David compares him to a dangerous lion that was out to tear him apart. 
David prays several prayers in this Psalm.....
..Save and deliver me (v.1)
..Arise, O Lord, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice. (v.6)
..Rule over your people from on high (v.7)
..Bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure. (v.9)

He then sings how God is going to deal with his enemies.....their defeat and utter destruction being the eventuality......and ends the Psalm on a high note by singing......I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalm 7:17)

Child of God, if you are being pursued by the enemy, who, you think, will tear you and rip you to pieces, trust in Almighty God, like David did and he will save and deliver you. Nothing is impossible for God. However strong the enemy be, God is stronger and he is able to deliver like no one can.
Remember...The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)


Dr. Johnson Cherian MD. PhD.
Website: Free Christian Resources And Downloads
Blog: Christian Freebies
Graphics: Free Christian Graphics
Radio: Malayalam-English Christian Radio 
E- Mail Me: johnson3570@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment