Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 306

I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. (Genesis 12:2)

This was one of the many promises given to Abraham when God commanded him to get out of idol worship and serve him. God wanted him to separate himself from his own people and make himself available to pursue God's goals in his life. And that is exactly what he did.

You may have set up many goals for yourself to pursue but it's always best to find out what goals God wants you to pursue and then fulfill them with God's help and guidance.

The goal of our faith is the salvation of our souls and to this end we must keep our eyes fixed. Of course, Satan may bring hindrances as we set out to pursue God given goals but we must overcome them with prayer and faith. King Herod was a hindrance to Jesus fulfilling the goals that God had set for him and regarding this Jesus said with faith:
Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' (Luke 13:32)

We must press on towards the God given goals in our life. The Apostle Paul had this to say regarding his goal which was attaining the resurrection from the dead.
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Philippians 3:12)

Let's all then press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment