Monday, September 28, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 189

"Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. For your Maker is your husband - the LORD Almighty is his name - the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. (Isaiah 54:4,5)

Disgraced, humiliated, ashamed, reproached....was what Israel thought of herself. Punished for her sins and unfaithfulness, the nation no longer thought it could gain the favor of God Almighty. Yet with this promise that she received, hope still remained.

However hopeless be our condition, however deep be our sinful nature, God's mercy can still be availed. He is always willing to take us back if we repent and forsake our sinful nature.

Long ago, God said,
Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:20)

God has compassion on you, his heart yearns for you when you move away from him and live as you please. He sends the Holy Spirit to speak to you and bring you back to sweet fellowship with him. He says,"You will not suffer shame or fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated."

Walk with the Lord. That is the only way you can have heavenly peace and joy. The peace and joy that the world gives are temporary. Lasting peace and joy can only be attained when you have a close walk with your Savior.

Jesus loves you and wants to give you the peace that passes all understanding. He promises,
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment