Thursday, September 24, 2020

Dreams- Water Baptism

Water Baptism by itself does not guarantee a place for the believer in heaven. In other words, one does not take water baptism to go to heaven. The Bible says,. ..for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, that no one would boast. (Ephesians 2:8, 9)

But that doesn’t mean one should not take water Baptism. Water Baptism is taken by the believer after one accepts Jesus Christ as Savior for the following reasons:

1) It is the Lord’s command (Mathew 28:18-20)

2) It is an act of being obedient to God (Mark 16:16)

3) It is an Apostolic Doctrine for the New Testament Church (Acts 2:36-38, 41)

4) It is a pledge of a good conscience (1 Peter 3:18 -22)

5) It is a public profession of faith in Jesus &His victory over Satan (Romans 6:3-5)

6) It fulfills all righteousness (Acts 10:44-48) (Mathew 3 13-17)

7) It is an act of faith (Colossians 2:11-12)

Some say, “Let God speak to me directly, then I’ll submit to this. He has spoken about it clearly in His Word. Perhaps He has been speaking but they are not listening and obeying.

Let me give you an example.

One day as I traveled to my clinic in my car, I heard the still small voice of God telling me, “Sir has not taken Water Baptism yet.” Very unusual I thought because I hadn’t been thinking about that man or praying for him. God was referring to a man who left his vocation in teaching and administration to serve God as a minister of the Gospel. He is a good believer working for the Lord in his capacity; often I had been telling him for the past 2 years that Water Baptism is important and that he should take it. And now the still small voice tells me “Sir has not taken water baptism yet”

I parked my car and walked to the clinic; got busy with seeing my patients. After I had seen a few, guess who walked in? “Sir & his wife.” After exchanging pleasantries I asked him why he had come. And he said, “Doctor, did you forget? You told me to come here today.” I was surprised. I asked him. “When did I ask you to come?” Yesterday Night” he said.

“But I didn’t meet you yesterday night.” I replied smiling. “Well, I called you at 8.00 p. m. and you told me that I can come and meet you today at 10.00 a. m. today.” More surprised now, I said, “It couldn’t have been. I was preaching at another place yesterday at 8.00 p. m.” “But that’s impossible! He said, “I called you at home and you gave me an appointment today.”

“Sir! I came home at around 10.00 p. m. yesterday and there were no phone calls after I had left home according to the servant of whom I enquired when I came back. “Look! He said; Isn’t this your number? You gave it to me three months back when I saw you last. When I saw the number, I immediately knew what this was all about. The number that he showed was of my phone which I had already cancelled and given back to the exchange. This was an astounding miracle that God had done just to bring this man once again to me so that I tell him to get water baptized. Sure, he must have dialed the number that he had. But perhaps God or his angel answered him on the phone and said “Come tomorrow, 10.00 a.m. “I laughed and told him the thing that God had spoken to me while I travelled to the clinic that morning. God’s voice being very clear “Sir has not taken Water Baptism yet”

He and his wife listened very intently as I once again spoke to them about Water Baptism; they left after a while astounded at what had happened. But the tragedy of it all……………..

I met this man after about 3 months and while conversing I asked him, “Sir, so did you finally take baptism?”

“No he said, God has yet to speak to me about it”.

Jesus once said,

In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says, ‘By hearing you will hear, and will in no way understand; Seeing you will see, and will in no way perceive.. (Matthew 13:14)


No comments:

Post a Comment