Monday, September 21, 2020

Dreams- The God of Abraham

Behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, “I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac. I will give the land you lie on to you and to your offspring. (Genesis 28:13)

It was a time of fresh spiritual lows in my life. Many distressing situations coming one after the other. One night I just woke up and instead of praying or praising God, I just sat on my bed, thinking of all the problems in my life. I just sat brooding, feeling sad, contemplating the situations. It must have been quite a while, but then I heard the unmistakable voice of my Savior Jesus speaking clearly to me saying, “I am the God of Abraham.” It startled me and I sat upright thinking that there was more to come from the Lord, as He often speaks to me; but this night, it was just those few words, “I am the God of Abraham”

That set me thinking. Surely and truly, Jesus was involved in all my problems, as He was with Abraham’s. Abraham had quite a few spiritual lows in his life (not fully trusting God and taking Hagar as wife and all the ensuing problems, telling Pharaoh in Egypt and Abimelech in Gerar that Sarah was his sister to escape death at their hands, being left with a desert land when Lot chose the plain of Jordan[to name a few])

Yet God was with him through all things, never leaving him nor forsaking him. By telling me that He is the God of Abraham, God was affirming the truth to me once again that “as He was with Abraham, so He was with me.”

And you who read this, be assured that you are not alone in your daily struggles; your Lord Jesus is with you.

The LORD appeared of old to me, saying, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love. Therefore I have drawn you with loving kindness.  (Jeremiah 31:3)


No comments:

Post a Comment