Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 93

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)

Does the Lord still speak to his children as in olden biblical times? As he spoke to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob and to scores of others? Some say that he speaks only through the Word, others have had dreams and visions and are witnesses of that.

Whatever it be, I believe that he is still the same- an unchanging God and he communicates with his children, whatever means he chooses to use. May not be your preffered way, but he does speak and his children are witnesses of that.

He told Jeremiah, "Call to me and I will answer you..." Answer how?? By telling him great and unsearchable things that the prophet didn't know.

In Jeremiah's case, the Lord's word came to him when he was still confined in the courtyard of the guard. God spoke to him about the future of Israel. He said:
"'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. (Jeremiah 33:6, 7)
And it did happen as the Lord said.

Today, if you are confused about many things regarding your life, not knowing how things will work out, remember what he told Jeremiah:
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment