Sunday, June 21, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 90

So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go. (Exodus 3:20)

Has the enemy, satan, taken possession of anything that you own? Are you tormented by evil powers? As a believer are you always restless/confused/jittery/fearful/unsteady/irresponsible/unapproachable/angry/stressed???

Think about it. If it's a regular happening, it's not from Jesus who said,
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Do you experience this "rest" that Jesus promised?
He also promised, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

And remember, Jesus gave this caution and promise,
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)

Is satan stealing your peace and joy? Is he killing the peace & joy in your family life or married life. Is he destroying the goodness inside you? Don't give in to him. Stand firm.

The Bible says, Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)

Remember what God promised Moses & the Israelites in the title verse here."So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go." (Exodus 3:20)

The enemy that is tormenting you or your family may be stubborn but believe that Jesus is all powerful and all authority in heaven and earth is in his hands. He will set you free.
Resist the devil by continual prayer, worship and praise. The enemy will let you go because Jesus will destroy his power. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment