Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Christian Life Series- 9- Wendy

When I cried out to you, you answered me and made me bold, with strength in my soul. (Psalm 138:3)

Wendy became a born again believer in Jesus Christ soon after she married James who worked as an engineer in a construction firm. She attended worship regularly and was faithful in serving the Lord. James was an alcoholic and verbally abused her and sometimes beat her when intoxicated. He hated Pastors coming to his house for praying and often mocked them. Wendy would cry out to God for deliverance for her husband from alcoholism, his ungodly behavior and for his salvation. She spent 21 years in prayer before she saw a change in her husband's life. But when God's deliverance came, it was fast and genuine. One day as the Pastor from the church that Wendy attended, spoke to James about the love of God for sinners, the Holy Spirit touched his heart and he repented of his sins accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. He turned a new leaf in his life, giving up alcoholism and soon joined his wife in worshiping God in spirit and in truth. In Christ, James was a new creation.

Deliverance from God for a problem that we have been praying for, can come at any time. Jesus said, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." (John 5:17)
Sooner or later, we will see God's hand at work. Blessed are those who continue in prayer and wait  for him to answer.

I will praise you, for you have answered me and have become my salvation. (Psalm 118:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment