Wednesday, February 17, 2016

365 Blessings- February 17

Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. (Isaiah
65:24)

The prophet Isaiah prophesying about the millennial reign of Christ gives this promise from
God to his people living then. Of course there are many who do not believe in the
millennial reign of Christ after the second coming, but that's not the issue here.
The verse that we have above is so marvelous. Can the Lord answer us now in this way?
Of course he can. He answered Eleazer's prayer for bringing a woman who was to be
Isaac's wife.
Then he prayed, "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show
kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters
of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a girl,
'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your
camels too' - let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know
that you have shown kindness to my master." Before he had finished praying, Rebekah
came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, who
was the wife of Abraham's brother Nahor. (Genesis 24:12-15)

Notice the phrase "Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came..."
That was an instant answer to prayer. No waiting period. How great it would be if God
answered all our prayers like that. But many a time we have to wait. Yet, we should be
always in the "expectant attitude."

He can answer you before you finish praying. Even today.
Jesus said,
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and
your joy will be complete. (John 16:24)

So, let your prayers for immediate needs be with such faith that you expect God to do a
miracle even while you are praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment