Monday, February 1, 2016

365 Blessings- February 1

The ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and
sorrow and sighing will flee away. (Isaiah 51:11)

Are you frequently haunted by painful memories of the past? The injustice that was meted
out to you. The gall and bitterness of it all. How could it happen? Why did it happen?
Does God hear you and see you sighing regarding it?
Yes he does. And he wants to comfort you this day.

Remember, he heard the cry of the Israelites in Egypt and put an end to their misery by
setting them free. He also brought them back from captivity in Babylon even though he
had decreed that punishment for them because of their sins.
Regarding Israel the Lord had this to say though they did not follow him whole-heartedly:
Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against
him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for
him," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:20)

The Lord's heart yearns for you, he has great compassion on you. He will give you so much
of love that gladness and joy will overtake you, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Another great promise that the Lord gave the Israelites is found in the book of Joel:
'I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten - the great locust and the young
locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm - my great army that I sent among you.
You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD
your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. Then
you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no
other; never again will my people be shamed. (Joel 2:25-27)

Trust in the Lord. Live for him. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment