Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thoughts on praise- 13

I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:4)

David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. (2 Samuel 22:1)
God is worthy of praise and the reasons for it are innumerable.
But in this song, David specifically praises God for delivering him from the hands of his enemies, especially from Saul.

Time and again God has delivered you and me from the enemy of our souls-satan.
We can sing along with the psalmist,
He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. (2 Samuel 22:17, 18)

The Lord not only rescues us from evil satanic forces but he also arms us with strength for battle to rout the enemy. Great is his faithfulness.

David again praises God while he sings this song saying,
The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! (2 Samuel 22:47)
...You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me. Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name. (2 Samuel 22:49, 50)

Yes, the Lord is worthy of praise and we as believers must give him praise from the depths of our hearts.

Praise: O Triune God, I praise you because you rescue me from evil satanic forces and strengthen me to war against them by your power. Truly, you are worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment