Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thoughts on praise

Thoughts on Praise- 1

Then the man bowed down and worshiped the LORD, saying, "Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master's relatives." (Genesis 24:26, 27)


Abraham's chief servant had been commissioned by his master to go to his country and to his own relatives to get a wife for his son Isaac. The journey ended with the servant landing up in the house of his master's relatives. His prayer for God to grant a suitable wife for Isaac materialized sooner than he thought. And that's why he bowed down and worshiped the Lord and gave him praise. He praised God for not abandoning his kindness and faithfulness to his master and for bringing him to the right place.

Our God is a prayer answering God and like Abraham's chief servant, we must also praise the Lord for making our journeys successful. We must praise him for not abandoning his kindness and faithfulness to us.

Praise: O Triune God, I praise you for making my journeys successful and for not abandoning your kindness and faithfulness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment