Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thoughts on praise- 3

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. (Exodus 15:2)

There was singing and dancing in the Israelite camp. God had destroyed Pharaoh and his army. God had split the Red Sea for his people so that they could walk across. Moses praised God for the great miracles he had done for his people. The song came naturally to him and the Israelites because they had experienced the mighty deeds of the Lord first-hand .

Moses proclaimed, "Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you - majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? (Exodus 15:11)

Moses declared, "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. (Exodus 15:13)

Mighty are the deeds of God in our lives too. He deserves our praise day in and day out. He destroys the evil forces which try to create havoc in our lives. He opens up unknown ways for our deliverance. He puts a song in our mouth. He is glorious.

Praise: O Triune God, I praise you because you defeat the evil forces that rise up against me time and again. I praise you because you open up ways unknown to me for my deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment