Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Bible Devotional


I, even I, am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior. (Isaiah 43:11)

I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins. (Isaiah 43:25)

I, even I, am he who comforts you: who are you, that you are afraid of man who shall die, and of the son of man who shall be made as grass; (Isaiah 51:12)

There may be people who excel in various spheres of life, but their power, influence and scope of authority is limited and they will not be able to help us at all times.
Some of us may adore them for their prowess, which whether they may acknowledge or not, is God given.
 
It’s interesting how God lays emphasis on his sovereignty in the 3 verses that we read above. As Savior, redeemer and comforter, he stands unequaled. Firstly, he declares that there is no Savior besides himself. Secondly, he proclaims his plans to blot out the sins of his people for his own sake and promises to remember them (sins) no more. Thirdly, he announces himself as the one who comforts his people and protects them from their enemies.

Let's meditate on the goodness of God Almighty this day. He loves, he cares, he protects. Glory be to his holy name.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment