Thursday, May 14, 2015

365 Nuggets of Gold-22

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. (Psalm 31:24)

Are you one who encourages others, especially fellow believers? I can hear a few voices say, "I have enough problems of my own, how can I encourage others?" Well, Psalm 31 is sung by a man who had enough problems and many enemies who desired to see him dead. Some of the matters that he sings in the Psalm gives us an indication of that....Free me from the trap that is set for me.....my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.....I have become like broken pottery........there is terror on every side......

Yet amidst all these perilous situations, he trusted in God and made God his refuge. He cried out to God....Deliver me....come quickly to my rescue.....lead and guide me.....redeem me.....be merciful to me.....let your face shine on your servant.....save me in your unfailing love.

God answered his cries for mercy and set him free. Thus he could strengthen others by singing...Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

God will hear your cry for mercy too....hope and trust in him.....he will set you free...and when he does that...encourage others as David did.

No comments:

Post a Comment