Monday, September 22, 2014

Random Thoughts-44

I was pondering how much a change the Holy Spirit brings in our lives once we come to Christ and submit to the Word Of God. While in college, there was a time when bad language and coarse jesting dominated my life, perhaps not when with family, but when with friends and colleagues. It became a way of life, so as to say, for the company was so. But when I accepted Jesus as Savior, things started changing. The Spirit of God used the Word to cleanse me and the words that came to my mouth were filtered before they were uttered.
Verses like.........
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. (Proverbs 4:24)
Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. (Ephesians 5:4)
and a few more guided me in the right path regarding this.

James, the writer of the epistle by his name, writes....
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. (James 1:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment