Sunday, June 29, 2014

Thoughts from the book of Isaiah-41

Isaiah 26:9 NIV
My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

Yearning and longing for the Lord......Is this how we can describe our life?
If yes, how blessed a life that is.
Thirsting for God like the psalmist sings in Psalm 42....
Psalm 42:1-2 NIV
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
No better refreshing experience than meeting with God, though we may not see his bodily form. Waiting and meeting him at his appointed time.
But often we tend not to wait because of the busyness of life.
Psalm 5:3 NIV
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Waiting expectantly for the one with faith knows that he will surely come.
We must earnestly seek him as the Psalmist did....
Psalm 63:1 NIV
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
We can find fulfillment in life despite all our troubles and sorrows by being in constant fellowship with the Almighty.
Psalm 27:8 NIV
My heart says of you, “Seek his face! ” Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Let this be our decision too.

No comments:

Post a Comment