Monday, January 21, 2013

Daily Bible Blessing-91

Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! (Hebrews 12:9)

Submission requires humbling one's self and not all are receptive to the idea, yet according to the author of Hebrews, submission leads to life and so those who are in Christ, should live lives submitted to the Father in heaven. Jesus was submissive to his Father and so the Father exalted him and the Bible says, .......Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

Another great blessing of submitting to God is that we can then gain victory over our adversary, the devil. We read in the book of James, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
For resisting the devil, the first step is living a life of submission to God.
It's pointless to live as one pleases and then try to gain victory over the enemy.
This is very clearly explained in Psalm 81...........But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. "If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes! Those who hate the LORD would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever. But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you." (Psalm 81:11-16)

Let us then submit ourselves to the Father of our spirits and live and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment