Friday, February 10, 2012

Yesterday- 06/02/2012

Yesterday, I pondered how it would be when I would see Jesus for the first time. It was in 1984 that I accepted him as Saviour and Lord and in the last 27 years have prayed to him with faith without ever seeing him. And so would the story go for many of you reading this. 1 yr, 3yrs.,5yrs., 10 yrs., 15 yrs.,....and so on and so forth. It's not a small thing that you and I have achieved. With faith, believing that he lives, we are marching towards that golden day, when we will finally see our Saviour face to face.

Come to think, one of the disciples had a hard time believing. Thomas......
Let me quote him, as John mentions in his gospel....
"....Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." (John 20:25)

And Jesus heard what he said, though he was not physically present at the time. So the remedy and the rebuke......A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." (John 20:26, 27)

And Jesus had some loving comments for them who believe without seeing.....even us.....
"Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment