Saturday, May 8, 2010

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 304

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 304

Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 1:8)


Called to the work of the Lord at a very young age, Jeremiah was anxious of how he was going to fulfill the Lord's commission. But we read of God assuring him that he would be with him.

Not only Jeremiah, God assured many of his chosen ones that he would be with them and help them to fulfill his plans in their lives.
Here's the assurance he gave to Jacob,
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." (Genesis 28:15)

And this is what he told Moses,
"My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." (Exodus 33:14)

The Lord God who assured Jeremiah, Jacob and Moses is with you too as you do his work of building his kingdom.

We must never forget what Jesus told his disciples when he entrusted them with the Great Commission. He said,
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

Yes, he is with us always, to the very end of the age. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment