Monday, March 22, 2010

Dr. Johnson's Devotionals From The Word Of God- 5

Talking in millions and billions.....The average human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells. The average human heart will beat 40 million times a year. Each human lung contains about 600 million alveoli. There are 4 to 6 million red blood cells per cubic millimeter of blood. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute. Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells. On average the normal eye blinks 6.25 million times a year.

No wonder that the Psalmist David sang,
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)

He didn't have the detailed data that we have now, but he knew that his being was an astounding work of the Master Creator.

The Psalmist had more to say,
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:15, 16)

The Omnipotence, Omniscience & Omnipresence of God Almighty can be experienced by everyone who is willing to humble themselves, for to such he wills to reveal himself, be he a pundit or be he illiterate.

How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth! (Psalm 47:2)
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment