Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simple Thoughts On Promises-278

My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. (Isaiah 32:18)

How we all long for peaceful dwelling places, secure homes and undisturbed places of rest. But it's so difficult, considering the chaos all around us. Wars, terrorism, contagious sicknesses and wickedness proliferating day by day and squeezing out whatever peace is left. But God has a promise for those whose hope is in him. A new kingdom will soon be theirs, where they can live in peace.

The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. (Isaiah 32:17)
Isaiah prophesies that the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.

The Apostle Peter writes,
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

World leaders are trying to harvest peace when the Bible prophesies trouble in the end times. But a child of God, can always, with confidence, say what the Psalmist said,
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 121:1,2)
He/She can also affirm what David, the psalmist and great king of Israel said when he passed through troubled times:
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. (Psalm 3:5)
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment