Monday, October 19, 2009

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 210

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)

Have you been desiring an in-depth relationship with the Lord? It's possible, if you have the thirst for such a relationship. The thirst that the psalmists had for God stands out in their psalms.
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42:1, 2)(Sons of Korah)
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)(David)

The Apostle James gives us some advice regarding this:
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)

God desires to have a close fellowship with each one of us, but on his terms. We can always approach him with a repentant and contrite heart and he will guide us each day of our lives with his Holy Spirit, till his return or till the day we breathe our last breath here on earth and join him in eternity.

Spending quality time in prayer, praise and worship, meditating his Word and bearing fruit as a Christian will bring about a greater presence of the Almighty in our lives.

When Job underwent intense trials in his life, he remembered the intimacy he had with God earlier.
"How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me, when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness! Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, (Job 29:2-4)

This intimacy with God is possible in our lives too. Abraham experienced it, Moses did, Samuel did; you too can. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment